Thursday, December 9, 2010

4 am Collie Frolicking

Yet again I started the day at 4am, 5am, 6am and finally 7:30 when I dragged myself out of bed. Rita Mae, my elderly collie has decided that cold frosty mornings are the best thing ever and insists on going outside for hours at a time. Of course, at her age when you wake up you must immediately use the bathroom so she knows that I'm going to put her out no matter how many times she asks. But watching a happy if slightly frosty collie come in is worth it all. Well, my sleep o'meter begs to differ, but most of me thinks it's good.

Yesterday was spent in another seminar. This one was a telecast of a panel of CPAs in Dallas talking about the changes in the tax law. Riveting. However, I did get about 5 inches of my sock cuff knit so at least something was accomplished. I do learn stuff at these conferences, but I really think they would be much more interesting if every so often something exploded or there were death defying acrobatics going on in the background. But the day ended well when a client took me out to dinner to discuss some tax issues. That's a definite perk of the job, although my waistline might not agree.

Today was spent running all over creation. I worked on a client's books, did my nursing home volunteering, shopped at Walmart (joy!), got a letter together to mail to the IRS, took a deposit across town for a client and met with another client in Bossier. I feel like I've spent most of the day in my car or talking to people. So now I'm relaxing with a cup of coffee, my knitting and Burn Notice. Not a bad way to end the day.

Here's Rita the Elderly Frost Loving Collie and my newish kitten, Castiel, enjoying dinner together a few days ago.

Castiel and Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment