Saturday, June 26, 2010

A New Order of Business

The past couple of weeks have been busy for me. I've finally decided on a plan of action and have been going at it full tilt. I'm opening my own accounting firm and I've been telling everyone I can find about it. A lot of cards have been passed out and one return has been completed. I'm supposed to meet with a couple more people next week to discuss their accounting work.

Unfortunately, this plus the heat wave has cut into my knitting time. It's just been way the heck too hot to knit anything other than dishcloths. I've spent a lot of time looking at all my pretty yarn and getting all sweaty just thinking about knitting with any of it. My poor air conditioner can't keep up. I've got the thermostat set at 80F and even that's a struggle. My elderly collie has taken over a box fan in my living room and gets quite upset when I turn it off at night. I tried to explain to her that I don't trust her not to knock it over, but you try explaining to an intelligence challenged, hot, elderly collie why she can't keep her fan on all the time.

I just finished playing a wedding. Nothing too exciting other than a photographer that seemed to be getting in a rather strenuous yoga routine while she took her pictures. Hopefully future gigs will provide more entertainment.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck on starting your own firm. Not easy to do, and I still struggle at times, but I'm really glad I did it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad to see you saying that. I've been meaning to bend your ear a little, but just haven't gotten around to it.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck! Good Luck! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete