Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tax Season and Jesus in Cowboy Boots

I'm still mired in tax season, but slogging through it all. I do have good distractions this week, though. Last Sunday I was able to watch my hometeam, the Saints, win the Superbowl and this weekend is Daytona. Tax Season isn't nearly as hard to deal with when there are such good distractions.

I promised last week that I tell y'all more about the roadtrip I took in December. I left after work and drove to Mt. Pleasant, Texas. I had plans to meet my friend, Erica, in southern Oklahoma the next day for lunch and to have time to get there and see Paris, Texas on the way I decided to leave a bit early. I stopped at a Super 8 Motel along I-35 and thought I'd get the typical cheap hotel room. Nope. I wound up with a freaking whirlpool tub. When I discovered that I could lounge in it and watch tv and read I thought about just staying in Mt. Pleasant for the duration.

The next day I went to Paris. Pretty little town with some random art installations. There is a replica of the Eiffel Tower with a giant cowboy hat on top and a statue of Jesus wearing cowboy boots on a grave.













More on that later. I'll just leave you to contemplate those two photos. Hopefully this time next week I'll actually have some pictures of my knitting to share. Wouldn't that be awesome?

BTW. Who Dat and Go Kurt!





No comments:

Post a Comment