Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gettin' Started

I've started this blog to have a place to talk about my many passions. I love to knit. I play the cello. I read a lot. I roadtrip. I love auto racing and obesessively follow Ferrari in Formula One and Kurt Busch in Nascar. So you can expect any and all of these topics to come up here.

Today I decided that I needed a good roadtrip before I start the busy season at work. I'm planning on leaving Louisiana and heading through Texas, Oklahoma, a smidge of Kansas, New Mexico and back into Texas and ultimately Louisiana over 4 days. All of this will happen sometime in December between gigs. I have decided that I am not buying any more yarn until next October so I refuse to see if there are any neat yarn stores along the way. I shall focus on finding places to tour and knitting on the vast amount of yarn that I already own.

I'm quite excited about starting this blog. I've talked about it for years, so I'm looking forward to see how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting rocks!! Cello rocks!! Reading and roadtrips rock!!! Texas, Oklahoma rocks! Wait, that's not a city. That's a list comma. Pardon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogging! I'm so jealous of your road trip. I can do a trip around all of Scotland in about three days if I drove fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh - a roadtrip around Scotland. I went there a couple of years ago and fell in love with Scotland. In fact my profile picture was taken in Scotland. I discovered that I could catch a day bus out of Edinburgh for about 30 pounds and go all over Scotland. It was great even if the bus driver did laugh at me when my ball of yarn escaped and went rolling down the aisle. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete